Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

College Life

It's been a week or two since I wrote my last blog post. Today, I feel like writing about my college life. Well, college started last Tuesday. Basically, my college is more like a tuition centre in terms of size and facilities. It's bigger than any regular tuition centres but much smaller compared to other colleges. It's located in Old Klang Road and there's a police station somewhere nearby. Everyday, I have to wake up at about 6.50 am, take a shower, have my breakfast, and then leave at 7.30 am. My mum fetches me to college everyday since I haven't gotten my driver's license yet. Normally, I'll reach college at 8.35 am and will have to wait for 10 to 20 minutes before the lesson starts.

There isn't much choice when it comes to food. Opposite to the college, there's a coffee shop and beside the college there's another restaurant where I haven't been to so far. Everyday I'll go to the coffee shop with a few new friends I've made recently for lunch, the food isn't very tasty anyway. Lunch break is at 1 pm and it ends at 2 pm.

There are quite a lot of assignments and homeworks and projects in college, and there's no term break for us on March and June, which is pathetic. People used to tell me that college life is much better than when we were studying in secondary school. However, that's not gonna happen to me as I'm attending an intensive course which ends on August. Everyday college starts at 9 am and ends at 4 or sometimes 5.30 pm.

I've noticed that college is a lot different from secondary school in various aspects. We cannot depend too much on the lecturers and expect them to spoonfeed us. We'll have to do a lot of self-study and make our own notes. Besides, most of the assignments are no longer to be written down in exercise books, instead we'll have to do them using Microsoft word or excel.

College life is definitely hectic, but other than the busy life, everything else is so far so good. I'll have to spend more time studying if I really want to get good results in order to make it to Moscow to pursue a degree in Medicine. After Chinese New Year, I swear I'll try my best to reduce my usage on Facebook and spend more time on my studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment