Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Dream Story of Success

http://www.sunway.edu.my/mysuccess





Success, is merely a simple word, a combination of letters, but, the state of being successful is something everyone longed and desired for.

The definition of success may vary in the eyes of different people. To some people, success means fame and wealth or even social standing, while others may consider success as a great achievement in life such as running a rosy business, acquiring a blissful marriage, having a good job, getting a pay raise or even becoming a winner in the 3D lottery.

When I was young, success was something rather complicated and hard to understand. Once, I asked my mum and she told me that becoming a doctor or a lawyer is what we call success, but, from other people and other sources, I was given different answers. I was puzzled and I went through my entire childhood in total bewilderment.

But now that I've grown up, I have my own interpretation for the word "success".
Being able to turn our dreams into reality and being able to make the impossible things possible after paying tonnes of hard work, determination and perseverance, that is what I call success.

For me, a so-called book-lover and an aspiring author, becoming a published novelist is what I aim for and what I hope to become in the near future(you'll probably see the name Bryan Tan as the author in some best-selling novels in the next decade).

Yes, I may confess that I'm a nerd as I was never active in sports. Some people say that I'm a boring person, but, the allegation of those dim-wits is utterly untrue. I may be inactive in sports, but I have a passion for writing. Besides reading, writing had always been my deepest interest since young. Whenever I showed my parents or teachers my works, they were often impressed. Their compliments were powerful, comparable to nukes, serving as great motivations and encouragements for me to carry on writing even better essays. They really influenced me a lot, without those praises, I wouldn't have become what I am today(a passionate writer).

Now, as a 17-year-old, apart from studies, I spend most of my time composing and writing various short stories during my past time.
Writing is fun, nothing else could give me that much joy and satisfaction.

When I sit at my desk with papers and pencil, or when I sit before my computer with my fingers glued to the keyboard, the feeling is incredible. Writing or typing doesn't matter anymore as long as I can express my feelings through poems, create a surreal world full of adventures and make up an arousing story which may stun my parents and friends. The feeling is indescribable, whenever I write, adrenaline will flow through my blood violently and instantaneously not because I'm suffering from fear or heart attack but simply because of dire excitement. In theory, adrenaline rush often occurs to a person when he is excited or being frightened, but for me, Bryan The So-Called Nerd,
adrenaline surges whenever I write!

Dreams come true if we act to turn them into realities. Becoming a successful novelist is my dream, and I'm going all out to achieve it. Firstly, I will finish my final year of high school, pass all exams with flying colours and major in both English and Creative Writing at a university. The double major will allow me to acquire an advanced proficiency in English and will also make me a much decent writer abundant of knowledge and creativity. Next, I will embark on an epic journey to become a professional novelist even if it takes years or decades of efforts to strive for it and finally, I will reach the peak and become one of the best in my field with various best-selling novels (thrillers, fantasies, or even fairy tales).

Being the best in one's field may be the ultimate goal for some people but for me, success is an on-going process, not a destination. There will be no ending line for my career as a novelist, being the best would not stop me from writing, instead, I will create more and more distinguished, fabulous and inspirational stories for readers who support me whole-heartedly.

As a successful novelist/writer, I will write to inspire the minds and souls of millions, for the world will always need an inspirational writer like me to keep their hearts cultivated and souls motivated for the development of a better tomorrow.

Keep that in your minds, never say never to your dreams even though people may mock at you or even laugh at you as they may think that your dreams are unattainable or you are merely a Dreamer. Remember, the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

As for me, my dream serves as my life mission. No matter what happens, I will pursue my dream of becoming a successful novelist until the end of my life.

For writing is my life. Writing completes me.





12 comments:

  1. C'était génial, je veux dire que vous avez vraiment écrit quelque chose inspirant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We share same dreams <3 I'm Story no.3, good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, haihz, i read your article, for the sunway success thing. it was actually my favourite but i dint know that i cant vote for more than one! shit lar..
    but just so you know, i think yours was the best among those.
    and for that, im gonna just ask a few friends to vote for you ok?
    good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sofea@: Good luck to you too!
    Cloud@: Thanks a lot, bro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my god Bryan!! Wow! Impressive! Never knew that you liked composing stories and all? Great secret keeper huh.. Well I'm all out to support you :D Go BRYAN!! woohooo! By reading your post I had an adrenaline rush haha.. Of course my dream is different but still.. No doubt your command of language is GOOD :D All the best! I'll vote for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, this "ambition" is purely for competition purpose, i thought i told you, my dream is to become a doctor :)

    *PS: i do like to write, but i don't think i'll make my career out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah that's why.. u told me u wanna be a doctor.. but then your "writing" was soooo good that I thought u really wanna become a novelist lol... well i didnt know u like to read and write. good so now i know something different :D anyways good luck still!
    btw, i dont quite recall this.. so im gonna ask again. are u gonna finish UEC or leave aft SPM? where to? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. After SPM, where to is still a question mark. What about you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. you may not know me....but im also a student in hin hua high...i once was a positive bright sporting child as everyone should be...but as region says:"even in the brightest light, darknest remains and lurks to chaos"...i faced chaos and stared into its eyes...and thought...why help it, when chaos is so smple and its a fate we must alll face?? the worst is death..that's all...no more future....no more...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comment, but I still believe that I will have a bright future.
    PS: I got 1st runner-up for the blogging contest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice blogging, My review is very good example.
    Lindsay Rosenwald http://www.lindsayrosenwald.info/ Dr. Lindsay Rosenwald is one of the re-known venture capitalists and the hedge fund managers in the world

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a dream of being an author but I studied science in school right now I need some one who is good in this to help me finish what I have started I am Thompson from Nigeria my contact is +2349064730724 I wish to be a great writer pls help me great authors

    ReplyDelete