Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Life in Moscow #Prologue: The Journey

  1. KLIA to Bangkok (10.30pm – 1am)
  2. Bangkok to Amman (2am-10am)
  3. Amman to Moscow (??-8.30pm) --- GMT+8

The day has finally come, on the nineteenth day of September 2011.

Today was the day I would leave everything behind, in my beloved home country.

I would be travelling all alone to an entirely unknown region, without company of my loved ones.

Reaching the Kuala Lumpur International Airport at 6pm, other Medic Ed students could be seen waiting at the check-in counter along with their family members. After a roll call and a short briefing by the Medic Ed staffs, passports and other documents were returned to us. Luggages were then being checked in at two counters adjacent to each other.

After checking in my luggage, I went to the airport cafeteria. My parents and siblings were there waiting for me. My aunt’s family came after a while and we had dinner. We ate and chatted and took photos together.

At 10pm, we exchanged our “final” words and bided farewell before I went into the terminal with my batch mates.

I would be all on my own from now on, without guidance and urging from my parents. I made a leap of faith and I would stick to it no matter what the circumstances are. By the day I return home, I would have achieved something great. I believe in myself, I truly do. J








1 comment: