Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Learning a Language



Learning a foreign language isn't easy, especially when it's a language you aren't particularly interested in. I'm currently learning the Russian language as I'll be leaving soon to further my studies in the Russian Federation. I wouldn't say it's a very difficult language to learn, but learning a new language in a class with one teacher and a hundred students is almost impossible. The Russian teacher (a female Russian who looks like an Asian and is probably in her 30s) is passionate, yes, I can see that. However, learning a foreign language in 15 days and in such a big group is extremely difficult.

I'm trying my best to learn the language. I have to learn basic Russian language before my departure to Moscow as most of the locals do not speak English (even if they do understand English, they'd pretend as if they don't). The Russian language class isn't going to help much, so I might as well learn the language from materials found in the internet (there are a lot of videos teaching Russian on Youtube). Still, I'll try to concentrate in the Russian class and see if I could learn anything... The tuition fee for the class isn't cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment