Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Cake Day

Yesterday was my 17th birthday, the 4th of July, the same date as the US independence day. I was wondering, if I were born in the US, things would be so much better, I might get invited to the White House or something, yeah, in Malaysia, they actually do invite those who were born on 31st of August for a feast or party in the palace on the National Day.

Yesterday was a "wonderful" day, an extremely "wonderful" day. I woke up in the morning, at about 9 o'clock, my mother was standing before my bed. I was still half-conscious and could barely open my eyes. "We're leaving for a meal, with your dad's friend, bye-bye." My mum and dad gave my brother a Rm100 note and told him to bring me out for lunch and buy a cake, and then, they left.

Oh, great! Fantastic! Go out for lunch with some friends in Perak, that was the best thing I've ever heard in my entire life. After having lunch, I bought a cake from Secret Recipe. Something really cool happened. I actually wrote the letters on the cake myself and carried the cake to my brother's car myself. Cool huh? DIY birthday, coolest thing ever...

We went back home. I felt bored and started surfing the internet and then I fell asleep on the sofa for a couple of hours. When I woke up, I looked at the clock. 5.00 pm, it showed. I tilted my head towards the windows, the sunlight dimmed, the sky was getting darker. I arose from my sofa, staggered across the living room and glared at the parking spot in front of my house. As I expected, it was still empty.

It wasn't until 8.00 o'clock that my parents returned home from their lunch which took them a life-time and brought us out for the "celebration".

Birthday was boring, I'd rather I didn't have a birthday. Everything was aweful, except one. I've received a book "Shutter Island" as a birthday gift from my brother, and that was the best thing I would like to mention on my 17th birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment